Objectives of the Galway Neuroscience Centre
- To foster excellence in, and promote dissemination of, original research in neuroscience.
- To focus on translating and integrating research at a pre-clinical or laboratory level with the development of novel diagnostic and therapeutic approaches within clinical practice.
- To work with relevant industry partners, supporting neuroscience research in a collaborative manner, and seeking to commercialise our discoveries where relevant and appropriate.
- To help ensure that the topic of neuroscience has a national profile and to contribute to health-related research and policy developments in Ireland.
- To increase awareness and knowledge of neuroscience through educational and outreach activities.
- To promote an interest in neuroscience among students and to train the next generation of neuroscientists.
- To foster national and international collaborations in research and teaching.